This week's episode was insipred with my recent brush with nature. I vacationed in the desolate wilderness of Michigan's Upper Penninsula where 4G doesn't exist and people have no idea what an iPad is. Joe is getting ready to adventure out on a camping trip of his own so I thought I'd offer some words of wisdom to him and all the other techies out there!
- 8 Ways Your Phone Doubles as a Wilderness Survival Tool
- Geocaching - Modern day treasure hunting!
- Dicapac - Waterproof camera cases (and other waterproof tech savers)
- Seal Line (Cascade Designs) - Waterproof iPhone (and other phone) cases and dry bags
- Voltaic Systems - Solar charging panels, backpacks and other gadgets (I purchased the Fuse 4W Solar Charger)
- Wilderness Survival App - I fortunately have not had to use this but this app will help you find food, signal for help, start a fire, build a fire, perform simple first aid, deal with wildlife and more... too bad it can't literally swoop down and save you!
- A camping stove that cooks your phone - Haven't tested it but it looks handy!